Mercury Found in Anti-Aging Creams and Beauty Products

Share this to your friends & family

The FDA has issued a very important warning regarding a anti-aging beauty products imported to the US. These anti-aging creams and skin lighteners could cause serious health issues to the point of brain damage or kidney failure because they are contaminated with mercury. As you may already know, mercury is an extremely toxic substance. 

To date, these products were found in seven states. However,  they are also sold online, in the form of creams, lotions and soaps. In addition to that, they have mainly been found in African, Asian, Latino and Middle Eastern neighborhood stores.

The seven states where these products have been circulating include:

  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • New York
  • Illinois
  • Maryland
  • California
  • Minnesota

Promising to diminish age spots and freckles as well as other skin imperfections, numerous consumers have purchased them in hopes of correcting their flaws. However, even brief use of a product that contains mercury or even brief contact to exposure to the highly toxic substance can be extremely harmful.  Exposure could cause lung damage, eye and skin irritation, diarrhea or an increase in heart rate and/or blood pressure.  This was discussed in a CNN report.

Moreover, in more severe cases, it could affect your nervous system and kidneys, as well as causing interference in brain development of both unborn children and young children. Numerous other health issues could also ensue, such as depression, tingling sensations, tremors and memory problems, to name but a few.

Read the product label carefully, checking for mercury content which could be listed under the following names: mercurous chloride, calomel, mercuric, mercurio. Obviously, anyone should immediately discontinue use of the product if the above ingredients are listed. However, if there are no ingredients listed on the label, be safe and discontinue use.

If you have experienced any awkward feelings, especially the symptoms mentioned above, see your doctor immediately. Mercury poisoning is serious!

Share this to your friends & family