Having leaky gut syndrome is not the end of the world. Although you may have experienced great discomfort, pain, and numerous reactions from this ever growing problem, there are many things you can do. In fact, healing the leaky gut is within reach, but it does require persistence. It can all begin by following the best leaky gut diet.
Make a commitment that will be one of the best things you can ever do for yourself. It will improve your present somewhat, but will greatly improve your future. Imagine a world where you don’t feel bloated, you’re not experiencing bouts of diarrhea or constipation, joint pain is a thing of the past, and more.
The Specific Plan in Healing the Leaky Gut
- Remove gut damaging foods and other factors.
- Eat healing foods.
- Take supplements to repair the damage caused by leaky gut syndrome.
- Take probiotics to rebalance the good and bad bacteria in the system.
Recommendations from the Best Leaky Gut Diet
One type of food in the best leaky gut diet is bone broth. It’s unfortunate that these days we purchase de-boned meat and poultry. All those bones are going to waste and we are not benefiting from all the healing they could provide.
- Bone broth is rich in collagen and amino acids that heal the gut. According to Dr.Axe, patients have seen a huge improvement in their symptoms and have even cured autoimmune disease by following a bone broth fast for only three days!
- Make fermented vegetables at home. They provide important probiotics for gut support and help balance the intestinal pH. Try kimchi and sauerkraut for starters.
- Consume omega-3 fat rich foods, like salmon among others. These are anti-inflammatory foods that will help heal the leaky gut.
- Get fiber from fruits steamed vegetables. This is especially important for those who have a severe leaky gut.
- Get fiber from sprouted seeds, like flaxseeds or hemp seeds. They will also increase beneficial bacteria.
- Coconut! Everything coconut is good for the gut. So, opt for coconut oil rather than other fats, because it’s easier to digest.
- Heal the gut with raw cultured dairy, like raw cheese and kefir.
Supplements to Heal Leaky Gut
Having said all that, it’s also important to supplement the diet to help heal the leaky gut. Licorice root is one of the different leaky gut supplements to take to correct the condition.
Supplement the diet with probiotics to ensure the growth of good bacteria that will ultimately beat out the bad bacteria. It’s always best to include probiotic foods in addition to the supplement.
L-glutamine is a must in the plan to heal the leaky gut. Available in supplement form, these anti-inflammatories can repair the intestinal lining and can be a repellent to irritants.
Quercetin is another gut barrier that seals the gut. It reduces histamine release, a common food intolerance.
Following the above plan can prove extremely beneficial for those suffering with this terrible condition that causes so many health issues and affects the brain and other vital organs down the line. A small commitment to the best leaky gut diet can make your world a happy place again.
For more information on healing the gut
Source: Go to Dr. Axe for dosages and more information.