One problem that many women have to deal with is being thick and unfortunately, flabby around the thighs. Although it can be a disappointment, you can’t let it get you down. Rather, fight back with the best thigh exercises for women that will ensure results in under 6 weeks.
The thigh abductor machine is one of the best pieces of equipment to work out the inner thighs, but it isn’t necessary to invest in one if you exercise at home. With little or no equipment, you can still get a great body and super legs.
What is required is the commitment to exercise the thighs regularly with the targeted exercises. Try these incredible workouts which work incredibly well but remember to warm up prior to any workout, which will minimize the risk of muscle injuries.
- Professional and avid skiers have the most toned legs for obvious reasons, and one of the exercises they practice away from the slopes are wall squats. These can be executed by keeping legs apart, about shoulder width and with the back leaning up against a free wall or door. You must then slide down and hold the position for 10 seconds, right where the thighs are parallel to the floor. The holding position can be increased slowly.
- The seated butterfly requires you to sit on the floor and put feet together, but with the knees facing outward. Press on the legs with your hands as you try to raise the legs upwards, thereby creating resistance and ultimately working out the inner thighs.
- While watching television or enjoying a meal, in a seated position, simply put the knees together and press them against each other. Do about 3 sets of 15 repetitions and hold the last one in the set for about 10 seconds.
- The back thighs can be worked out by getting on all fours on the floor. Lift the left leg straight up as high as it goes, completing a set and then alternating to the right leg.
- Another back thigh or hamstring exercise involves lying flat on the floor. Place arms in front of you, bent at the elbows for support. Then raise both legs with the knees bent, going slowly up and down.
- Total thigh workouts include lunges and squats and both can be done with or without any weights that can be placed on the shoulders or held in both hands on either side.
- Leg circles are highly recommended and can be used in numerous exercises, whether you are in a lying down position, a standing or a seated one. These work out all the muscles in the area, providing great results.
- Cycling burns fat and provides cardiovascular benefits as well as those that tone the entire thigh and leg, for that matter.
Of course, these are just a few of the many thigh toning exercises that exist. The important thing is to make routines interesting so that you don’t get bored and alternating will also encourage more muscle toning and fat burning. Be sure to eat right, but not necessarily diet. Eating right means healthy meals and limiting unhealthy snacking.