How to Avoid Receding Gums
When the gum tissue that surrounds teeth begins to withdraw, the roots become exposed. This can look unsightly, but that’s not your biggest problem. The problem at hand is real that your teeth can loosen, and tooth loss is inevitable. You can fix this with different home remedies:
How to Naturally Treat Receding Gums
1. Oil Pulling with Coconut Oil. Oil pulling has many benefits as it’s a natural alternative to brushing. Just use about a teaspoon of coconut oil and swish it around in your mouth for about 15 minutes each day. Spit it out and rinse. Not only will you experience improved oral health, but you will also benefit from overall health improvement as well.
2. Green Tea. Consuming green tea is exceptional for overall good health. Green tea is loaded with antioxidants to treat a multitude of diseases, even receding gums. By reducing inflammation, it helps to kill bacteria in the mouth that leads to gum disease.
3. Aloe Vera. This plant is used in a wide array of medical issues. It can be beneficial to recede gums when it’s applied directly to the inflamed gums.
4. Eucalyptus oil. Use this to kill germs in the oral cavity. It will also help prevent the recession of gums and tooth decay.
5. Clove. Clove oil stimulates tissues to grow. It’s a natural antiseptic, antimicrobial, and anti-fungal, so it too is a good option.
Be careful about bone loss in the oral cavity as well. Sometimes gum loss is directly related to parasites or even vitamin or mineral deficiencies. See your dentist regularly to catch it and nip it in the bud before it’s too late. Rinse with salt water, using real sea salt loaded with minerals. Brush twice (or more) daily, and floss! If there is noticeable damage, in the form of receding gums, use specially designed micro brushes that will clean between teeth and stimulate gums.