Author: Sacha Tarkovsky
Here you will find several simple quick tips that will ensure your nails are groomed and in tip top condition.
Here are your nail care tips.
1. Cuticles make sure you oil them
Do this each night before you go to bed it will make them healthier and stronger
2. Use Blue Tinged Translucent Polish
It will make the pink of your nails look a deeper shade of pink and the white in your nails even whiter.
3. Regular filing
Is essential and stops nails from breaking or splitting and makes them look better, so file them all to the same length.
4. Nail buffing
Do once a week this will increase the circulation and oxygen in the nails. Do for about two minutes each session and be careful to apply firm pressure but don’t be to hard, which can damage the nail
Have hand cream always so you can add moisture whenever your hands are feeling dry or in need of some protection.
6. Get a white nail pencil
This is great for enhancing the look of your nails. Use the pencil underneath the edges of your nails. This will enhance color and make them look fresh and clean.
7. Nourish your nails from within
If you have any of the following then you need to change your diet.
• Lack of vitamin A and calcium indicates dryness and brittleness.
• Lack of protein, folic acid and vitamin C causes hang nails.
• White bands across the nails mean a protein deficiency.
• A lack of sufficient hydrochloric acid can cause splitting nails.
• Vitamin B12 deficiency can lead to dryness, very rounded and curved ends or darkening of nails.
• Zinc deficiency can cause white spots on the nails.
• Red skin around cuticles indicates poor metabolism of essential fatty acids.
Increase the amount of calcium in your diet and also take Evening primrose and an oily fish supplement to keep your nails healthy and strong.
8. Keep polish in a cool place
Don’t store polish in a warm place as the polish will change consistency, store it always somewhere cool i.e. in the refrigerator.
9. Less is More
Do not remove and reapply polish more than once or twice a week.
Because it will dry out your nails. Choosing a remover with built in moisturizer will mean you don’t have to change coats to often.
10 Hand Massage
Boosts circulation and encourages healthy nail growth and is the perfect way to make your hands feel wonderful.
Incorporate the above in your beauty regime and you will have healthy and great looking nails.
About the Author
MORE FREE BEAUTY INFO