Use a bamboo placemat to organize your makeup brushes! It’s an easy DIY project with so many benefits. The first benefit is that you can always find your brushes. If you’re like the majority of women, your makeup brushes are probably scattered about in all your different makeup cases. This organizer will keep them together so you don’t have to waste any time when getting ready. Keeping makeup brushes away from actual cosmetic products is more hygienic, too. Tucked away safely in this converted DIY bamboo placemat makeup brush organizer, they stay clean and in tact, without bristles fanning out or becoming damaged.
You also won’t have to battle with the original case they came in, if there was one in the first place. Some of the original cases make it almost impossible to put the brushes back into their spots. This is a beauty tip that will go a long way in ensuring you look your best without any stress. Wouldn’t that be nice?!!!
How to make your own DIY Bamboo Placemat Makeup Brush Organizer
- a bamboo placemat
- a decorative pretty ribbon at least 1 1/2 times the width of the placemat
- glue (preferably hot glue)
- hot glue gun
- velcro or a button and string
- Lay the bamboo placemat flat on a table.
- Weave the ribbon through the bamboo, leaving enough room to hold the particular brush in place.
- Secure the ribbon on either end with hot glue.
- Attach a velcro strip, either self-adhesive or using hot glue to either end of the placemat, or hot glue a pretty button on one end and a string on the other end.
- Insert your makeup brushes.
- Roll up the organizer and store away.
If you find this beauty tip helpful, share it with your friends.